Sat, Jun 03|
Confederation Beach Park - Willow Cove
PSP Awareness Walk 2023 - Hamilton
This 5k PSP Awareness Walk Is To Build Awareness & Raise Support For Medical Research And Education For Progressive Supranuclear Palsy - A Rare Neurodegenerative Condition. Join Us In Helping Raise Awareness & Support For Those Affected By This Debilitating Condition!
Time & Location
Jun 03, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EDT
Confederation Beach Park - Willow Cove, 680 Van Wagners Beach Rd, Hamilton, ON L8E 3L8, Canada
About the event
Of the approximately five to seven of every 100,000 people in Canada with progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), few, if any, had ever heard of the disease before their diagnosis. In fact, most patients with PSP report that their family doctors knew nothing about it until a neurologist made the diagnosis. As of now, three of every four people with a diagnosis of PSP could have been diagnosed earlier if their doctor had suspected it and performed the appropriate examination - PSP Society of Canada.
This walk is our first step in helping build the much needed awareness, and raise support for medical research and education for this devastating Prime of Life neurodegenerative disease.
Join us and take part in helping raise awareness and support for ALL those affected by this debilitating condition. Together, we can make a difference!
- Registration is required for this event. Please do so on our website, or at the registration counter on the event date. The registration counter will be located at Willow Cove Pavilion at the Confederation Beach Park.
- If you have registered online, please remember to check in at the registration counter upon arrival at the park. Here you will collect your Number Bib and other event essentials.
- Please return to the registration counter after your walk to collect your Certificate of Participation.
- This is an all-day event; you may come and join us for the walk at anytime between 9:00 am and 5:30pm. Registration counters will be open from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
- The registration counter will close at 5:30pm, while the market place will close at 5:00pm sharp.
- No Cancellation / Refunds will be offered.
We encourage all participants to visit the marketplace and support our local small businesses. Together we can build a stronger community!
Marketplace HoursMarketplace at Willow Cove
8 hours 30 minutes
Registration Counter HoursWillow Cove Pavilion